As a daughter, sister and wife of active duty service members, Heidi has witnessed firsthand the dedication, commitment, service and sacrifice of our service members and their families. The legacy of service in her family is unique and inspiring with 115 years of combined service in the Military and Department of Defense between her father, father-in-law, brothers, brothers-in-law and husband. The tremendous sacrifice and service of Heidi’s family members has inspired her to dedicate herself to public service and do her part in ensuring a better future for everyone from our kupuna to our keiki. She understands the importance of working hard and paving the way for the next generation as the generations before have done.
Experience and a History of Public Service
Through hard work and determination, Heidi put herself through college, earning her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from the University of Hawaii at Manoa and her Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology from Chaminade University and became a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the State of Hawaii. She began a legacy of public service 20 years ago and has provided support to those most in need. Heidi has worked in homeless and transitional shelters, in the women’s prison, with at-risk youth at Leilehua High School and worked as the Statewide Coordinator for a child abuse prevention program. She has seen firsthand the real struggles individuals and families are facing in our communities and the challenges that make everyday life difficult. It is these struggles that compelled her to serve and make things better within our local government and better support our people.
“Growing up, I was surrounded by selfless service and sacrifice. It is what makes me who I am today. I don’t want to be a politician. I want to be a public servant.” - Heidi
Over 100 Years of Service and Sacrifice to Country
Heidi’s Heroes from the 100th/442nd
• (Uncle) PVT Kaoru Fukuyama 100th/442nd Battalion Italian Town (Sant Angelo d’Alife) KIA in Italy
• (Uncle) PVT Kwanji Fukuyama World War II Veteran 442nd Regimental Combat Team
Heidi’s Heroes from Left to Right
• David Lairsey (Brother) - Joined Hawaii Air National in 2008, SSGT F22 Crew Chief. Deployed to Dubai for this picture.
• Jakob Lairsey (Brother) - Veteran with 5 years Active Duty Army, 6 years Air National Guard SSGT. Served in operation Iraqi Freedom during 4 campaigns. Deployed 2004/2005. Quarter Master supply SSGT
• Retired Chief Petty Officer Gary Lairsey (Father) – Veteran with 25 years United States Navy Intelligence. 20 years Instructor with the Campbell High School JROTC program.
• Randall Tsuneyoshi (Father-in-Law) – Veteran of the US Army serving 3 Tours in Vietnam as an Intelligence Classified Courier. 21 years in the Department of Defense.
• Chad Tsuneyoshi (Husband) – Veteran served 4 years, US Army Combat Medic.
• Earl Tsuneyoshi (Brother-in-Law) - West Point Graduate. Active Duty Army, 11 years of service as a CPT Infantry officer. Served Operation Iraqi Freedom 06 Anbar province
and 08/09 operation enduring freedom Afghanistan 1-503IN
• Tad Tsuneyoshi (Brother-in-Law) - West Point Graduate. Active Duty Army MAJ Infantry Officer, 12 years of service, two combat deployments Anbar Province, Iraqi Freedom