Thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself. I, Heidi Tsuneyoshi, will be running for the Honolulu City Council District 2 seat in the upcoming 2018 election. For the past 6 years I have had the invaluable opportunity to work in the Office of Council Chairman Emeritus Ernest Martin who currently represents District 2. I have gained extensive knowledge of the inner workings of the City Council and the issues facing District 2. I have worked closely with the Administration and various City Departments towards the completion of long awaited community improvement projects and worked collaboratively with community leaders and stakeholders on community based initiatives.
I will be focusing on four main platforms for the betterment of our City:
- Fiscal responsibility and accountability which includes fighting against tax increases and controlling the growth of government.
- Introducing legislation that encourages better management of City resources and improves the quality of life for residents.
- Advocating for smart development that provides effective affordable housing solutions.
- Working toward food sustainability through innovative agricultural practices and making good use of prime agricultural land in District 2.
I look forward to working collaboratively with Federal, State and Local elected officials and engage the community, key stakeholders and the private sector to affect positive change in these key areas.
My personal and professional experiences make me the best candidate to hit the ground running on day one. My passion and commitment make me the best candidate to continue working hard for you each and every day after that. I humbly ask for your support in my run for Honolulu City Council District 2.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions at 808-664-9578.
Wahiawa/ Whitmore Village
- Rehabilitation of California Avenue
- Repaving of nearly every residential roadway in Wahiawa and Whitmore Village
- Upgrades to Wahiawa District Park Swimming Pool
- Repair of lighting and electrical wiring at Wahiawa District Park
- Replacement of play apparatus at Iliahi Community Park/Renovation of comfort station
- Completion of Wahiawa Transit Center
- Upgrades to Wahiawa Police Station and Wahiawa Fire Station
- Upgrades to Wahiawa Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Address homeless encampments along Center Street and in Wahiawa District Park
- Address homeless encampments in Whitmore Village
- Revitalization of softball fields in Wahiawa and Whitmore Village
- Installation of Whitmore Village sign
- Reroofing of Hale Koa Building at Wahiawa District Park
- Replacement of play apparatus at Wahiawa District Park (ongoing)
- Construction of Restroom Facility at Wahiawa Transit Center (Upcoming)
Mililani Mauka/ Mililani Town (Portion)/Launani Valley
- Rehabilitation of Meheula Parkway
- Repaving of nearly every residential roadway in Mililani, Waipio and Launani Valley
- Address illegal dumping in Mililani Mauka Park and Ride
- Address illegal dumping at Kaapeha Street
- Resurfacing of Lehiwa Drive
- Slurry Seal application throughout Mililani Mauka to preserve roadways
- Construction of basketball play courts at Mililani Mauka District Park
- Worked with City’s Department of Transportation Services to provide public transportation services when trolley services ended in Mililani
- Installation of traffic calming devices in Launani Valley